High-Level Language :
A programming language such as C, C++, Java, Perl, COBOL etc. that enables a programmer to write programs that are more or less independent of a particular type of computer. Such languages are considered high-level because they are closer to human languages and further from machine languages. In contrast, assembly languages are considered as low-level because they are very close to machine languages.
The main advantage of high-level languages over low-level languages is that they are easier to read, write and maintain. Ultimately, programs written in a high-level language must be translated into machine language by a compiler or interpreter.
It refers to succeed in obtaining (something), especially with difficulty.
It refer to some things which are existing, happening, or done at the same time.
It refers to a computer hardware or software which is able to operate independently without use of other hardware or software.
It refers to a device or program enabling a user to communicate with a computer.
An application is a type of software that allows us to perform specific tasks.
It is an organized list of instructions that, when executed, causes the computer to behave in a predetermined manner.
It refers to having a pleasant and distinctive smell.
It refers to convert (a program) into a machine-code or lower-level form in which the program can be executed.
It refers to coming between two things in time, place, character, etc.
It refers the way in which something is shared out among a group or spread over an area.
It refers to something which is able to be easily carried or moved.
A mnemonic is a term, symbol or name used to define or specify a computing function. Mnemonics are used in computing to provide users with a means to quickly access a function, service or process, avoiding the actual more lengthy method used to perform or achieve it. Assembly language also uses a mnemonic to represent machine operation i.e. opcode.
It refers to a group of binary digits or bits (1 byte = 8 bits) operated on as a unit. [A byte is considered as a unit of memory size]
File's Extension :
A file's extension is a suffix (separated from the base file_name by a dot or space) to the name of a computer file applied to indicate the encoding (file format) of its contents or usage.
It refers to a person or company offering something for sale.
Sun Microsystem :
Sun Microsystems, Inc. was a company that sold computers, computer components, computer software, and information technology services and that created the Java programming language, Solaris Unix and the Network File System.
On January 27, 2010, Sun was acquired by Oracle Corporation for US $7.4 billion, based on an agreement signed on April 20, 2009. The following month, Sun Microsystems, Inc. was merged with Oracle USA, Inc. to become Oracle America, Inc.
It refers to install, test and implement a computer system or application.
Java is a technology which provides language as well as platform.
This runtime environment consists of :-
- Memory Management
- Process Management
- I/O Management
- Device Management
Abbreviation of Java :
There is no abbreviation of Java. The development team of Java just chosen this name. The name 'Java' specifically doesn't have any meaning rather it refers to the hot, aromatic drink 'COFFEE'. This is the reason due to which Java Programming Language has given it's icon as a hot cup of coffee.
Platform Dependent :
- An application that is compiled in one Operating System (OS) and it is unable to run in another Operating System (OS), then that application is called platform dependent.
- A program which is prepared (compiled) on one Operating System (OS) can be executed on same Operating System (OS) but cannot be executed on other Operating System (OS) because once we compile it then it generates machine code which is specific for a machine on which it was prepared.
- After compilation of the program, it generates machine code which is platform dependent code.
Platform Independent :
- If the application's compiled code is able to run in another Operating system(OS) then that application is called platform independent application. The program which is compiled would not generate machine code.
- When this program is compiled, it generates a intermediate language code (byte code) which doesn't have any instruction related to real machine Operating System(OS).
- Byte code is generated to achieve platform independence. Platform independence is required for distribution of application.
- It requires a software which is responsible to convert the intermediate language code (byte code) into machine code.
Byte code :
A compiled code of Java source program is called byte code. It is an intermediate language code which is portable code i.e. portable across multiple Operating System(OS). Byte code is a collection of mnemonics. The name is given as 'byte code' because every byte code in computer memory occupies "one byte" of space.
Java File's Extension :
- source code - ".java" - developer written code
- compile code - ".class" - the byte code generated by complier.
Generally ".exe" contain machine code which understand by machine contain JVM(Java Virtual Machine).
Up Next :
Java Virtual Machine(JVM) :JVM separately provides two translator for converting byte code into machine code or executable code - Interpreter and Hotspot compiler/JIT(Just In Time compiler). - Read More
MiniDoll is an application to learn with fun. You can play it to solve some tricky questions related to Java Programming. Either enjoy playing it alone or discuss with your friends to solve it. It is a simple approach to learn by solving questions. This application has different topics of Java and each topic is divided into three phases. Start solving from initial topic to final topic and by the end of every topic you can boost your concept of that topic.